Monday, November 12, 2007

How can you forget something like this...

Last week I was helping my roommate try to find music for her wedding. She is getting married in December and so there are lots of little tasks to be done. As she started talking about music for the wedding and the reception, I volunteered to help. I started digging out CD's and had a field day of my own.

I guess it was this summer when I stopped listening to music as much. It wasn't intentional but I was doing a lot of traveling and so I began listening to CNN on the XM satellite radio in the mornings and talk sports radio on the XM in the afternoon. Aside from that, I kept a couple of CD cases in my car and never really rotated any new CD's... so I listened to the same 20 or 30 CD's over and over again. I never really thought of this as a bad habit, but I forgot how much I miss music and I forgot how much I missed my old CD's.

I like most types of music... but I really love soundtracks and scores and old music. By old music, I mean music from the 40's, 50's and 60's... and music that sounds like it is from the era. I have about a bazillion CD's and I had forgotten about so many of them. I don't claim to have great musical taste but they are my taste and I like them. :-) I was so happy to rediscover so many CD's and add them to my ipod.

I guess we accomplished the original goal of finding the music she needed for the wedding... but more than that, I found lots of great CD's and didn't have to purchase a single thing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking the other day how I need to get my old CDs out. I have been listening to too much Veggie Tales, Raffi, and Disney music!