Monday, November 26, 2007

Meet Nessie

In amongst all the animal killing that happened with my car a few weeks ago I never got a chance to blog about the craft fair that I went to with my mom that Saturday. It's a great arts and crafts show right outside of my hometown that always takes place on the first Saturday in November. Years ago, my parents had a booth and I would make a few things during the summer to sell. Last year, Amberly and I had a booth and had a great time. This year we just went to shop and although I didn't find much, I did find one item I particularly like. Meet Nessie.


Nessie is a four piece concrete sculpture that I picked out. The people that I bought him from said it was a worm... but I have declared it to be a Loch Ness Monster. :-) Nessie currently lives in my front flower bed... and at the moment is actually covered in colored Christmas lights. The picture above was taken before I rolled out the Christmas decorations. Here is what he looks like now:


I didn't find too much at the craft show this year other than Nessie... but I thought he was a pretty good find.

On a related note... my car is STILL at the shop. The damage done by the deer was not THAT bad (only about $2,200 worth) but they are still waiting on a side view mirror to come in and apparently they are never giving my car back.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I guess we will have to start our annual Tacky Light Tour pilgrimage at your house this year :)

Nessie is kool!! I think the possibilities for seasonal decorating with her are endless! YAY!

Unknown said...

I like it, I'm glad you are blogging again.

Totallyscrappy said...

I love Nessie!