Most everyone posted this awhile back... but I thought I would join in the fun.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Mostly wrapping paper... a bag might sneak in every once in awhile for one of those oddly shaped gifts but I love wrapping presents in lots of pretty paper.
2. Real tree or artificial? Always artificial... I am allergic to the real.
3. When do you put up the tree? I used to be a strict purist and refused to put it up until the day after Thanksgiving but now I have changed to closer to the first of November... I know it's too early for most but I want to enjoy the decorations longer. And besides... with being gone for 12 days in a row, if I don't put it up early it won't get up at all.
4. When do you take the tree down? I try to get it down by the first of the year.
5. Do you like eggnog? No
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I can't remember one specific one... there were lots of good ones. Santa always did a good job of bringing exactly what we asked for and more. One year there was a Walkman, one year a Barbie Dream House, an American girl doll, a bike... lots of good stuff.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? No
8. Hardest person to buy for? My parents or Leslie... they all have everything they need and buy the things that they want. :-)
9. Easiest person to buy for? Maybe I just put too much thought into people's gifts but I can't think of anyone that is an easy buy.
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? As much as I loved my grandmother she tended to give some bad gifts.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I don't like a lot of the traditional Christmas movies like "It's a Wonderful Life" but I love a lot of the trite and predictable Christmas movies on channels like ABC Family and the Hallmark Channel. I have been filling my Tivo with them the past couple of weeks. They are great to watch when you are wrapping presents and things like that.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Summer... whenever I find the "right" gift for someone.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Probably but I can't think of one off hand
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Mocha Squares... I will post the recipe sometime this season.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear... but I really do love colored ones.
17. Favorite Christmas song? I have four Christmas albums that I love. Either of my two Harry Connick Jr. Christmas albums, my Kenny Chesney Christmas album and my Jimmy Buffett Christmas album. I have all four of them on repeat. I also love the XM Christmas channels.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Go to my parents part of the time and stay at my house part of the time
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? A Santa with angel wings from Hallmark
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Traffic!
23. What I love most about Christmas? Seeing everyone, giving fun gifts, the pretty decorations ...