Monday, December 3, 2007

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

I know it's been awhile but I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I personally am not a big fan of this particular holiday. I don't like Thanksgiving food... and by that I mean I really don't like any of it. I don't like turkey, dressing, stuffing, most casseroles, cranberries, pumpkin pie, pecan pie, etc. etc. On top of that it seems like bad things always happen around Thanksgiving. I have known too many people that have died right around Thanksgiving and known of so many other bad things that happen.

Don't get me wrong... I enjoy spending time with my family and I think we should be thankful all of the time... not just on one day (or even one month) of the year. So personally, I try to focus on being thankful all of the time and bypass the Thanksgiving holiday altogether. Seriously, I am happy to just ignore the day, enjoy it as any other day off from work, watch the Macy's parade and the dog show and eat whatever I feel like on that day.

This year my parents did come into town and we (along with my roommate... who had to work the day after Thanksgiving) had a Thanksgiving meal of ham and some vegetables. However, it was very low key and enjoyable.

But that being said, the time after Thanksgiving until New Years is my favorite time of the year. Our extended family gets together for Thanksmas sometime between Thanksgiving and Christmas and that is always a lot of fun. We had Thanksmas last Saturday and I will post about that soon.

I love decorating for Christmas and I love enjoying other peoples decorations. I love buying gifts for people. I just love the whole season. Even the rushed craziness and the traffic don't bother me too much.

I am happy to say that my house has been completely decorated inside and out for the past week or so. The presents are not all bought by any stretch of the imagination but I am making progress on it. I can't believe there are only 23 more days until Christmas... it all passes by too quickly.

I hope you are all enjoying this time of year as much as I am. In amongst all of the craziness, don't forget to take time to slow down, be thankful and enjoy the many blessings you have.

No comments: