Saturday, January 26, 2008

Fun Stuff This Week

I've had a chance to hang out with some of my favorite people this week, so I thought I would share with everyone. On Thursday, I took off of work at noon and headed up the road an hour or so to take care of a few things and do some errand type things.

As a part of my day, I made a stop in to see Amberly and her family. I had not seen them since before Christmas so we exchanged Christmas and birthday gifts. Since I had seen them, I had a birthday, Sarah had a birthday and Abby Grace had had a birthday. So between the Christmas and Birthday gifts, we turned Amberly's house from clean to chaos in about two minutes flat! I think that the kids all liked the presents... Abby Grace in particular. :-) They got me a beautiful picture frame that has a quote about friendship. I can't wait to get a picture of all of us to put in it.

I ate dinner with them and Amberly prepared some of Sarah's favorites that we were supposed to have last Saturday but didn't get to because of the "snow." Everything was delicious and I might even have to try making the Pioneer Woman Mashed Potatoes sometime myself. I had a great time with them on Thursday but I had to head home before it got too late.

On Friday, Leslie called to tell me that her Wii had come in! We weren't expecting it until next week but it surprisingly arrived via UPS on Friday afternoon. Around 7:30 last night I headed over to her house to experience Wii for the first time for myself. I had heard great things about it and it was all true! We had a lot of fun playing tennis, bowling, attempting to play baseball (not very successfully) and a bunch of other stuff. I was surprising how tired it makes you and I think I threw out my shoulder playing tennis. :-) Just kidding... but you do make all of the motions just like you would if you were really playing one of the sports.

Today Brun and I are taking it easy at the house. We made a trip to the vet this morning for a nail trim and got to meet another Labradoodle!! I was much more excited about it than Brun was but it was cool to meet another Labradoodle in town.

No comments: