Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Priceless

Annual Exam and Shots for Brun - $142.50

Amoxicillin Antibiotic to keep him from getting an infection - $19.40

Surgery for a cut ear - $276.50


The devotion, affection and unconditional love of a four legged friend - Priceless



There is no question that I love Brun more than most people... but it's been a hard couple of days for him. He got no less than four shots and had surgery.

When I got to my parents house this past weekend, they told me that he had cut his ear either on a fence or on the mouth of another dog. This is not the first time he has done something like this and since it did not seem to be hurting him, we did not worry about it too much.

I brought him back to my house and on Monday night I gave him a bath. His ear was quite gross and bleeding a lot. So on Tuesday night we went to the vet. Since it was time for his annual shots they went ahead and gave him those and told me he would need to have surgery to have his ear stitched back up.

So on Wednesday I dropped him off at the vet on my way to work and he should be as good as new before too long. But for now, he is quite wiped out from the drugs and pain medicine they gave him. Poor Brun... maybe he will feel better by tomorrow. That was not quite the way I planned on spending over $400 this week but I would pay many many times over that in return for all that he does for me.

3 comments:

Amberly said...

Poor thing! He looks exhausted!

Totallyscrappy said...

Put all four of his poochie paws up!

Anonymous said...

Poor baby! Hope Brun is on the mend!