Saturday, March 31, 2007

Weekend Reflections


Last week I mentioned that I was a bit tired of traveling and ready to be home. This week was another busy one but I did get to stay home more and I got to sleep in my own bed a lot more... which is always nice.

Monday and Tuesday were normal work days... nothing too exciting. The weather here has been beautiful so as I mentioned in my post earlier this week I have been enjoying Daylight Savings Time.

Wednesday was another normal work day but on Wednesday evening I had to go out of town for work on Thursday. Fortunately the meetings on Thursday were in my hometown so I got to spend the night Wednesday night with my parents.

Then Thursday it was work meetings until early afternoon... they all went well. My dad came back with me to the college town where I live so that was nice.

Friday was another normal work day and then Friday night my mom came into town. So Friday night my mom, Leslie, CRB and I hung out while my dad, my brother and Leslie's husband, Toolman, went to a seminar. I hope they had fun at their seminar because I know we had fun.

Today has been an unexpectedly busy day. I am not a big fan of yard work but I found myself doing that all afternoon. My parents were over at the house where my brother lives (which was my grandparent's house before they passed away). It is a beautiful old house with lots of land that our family still owns.

Down near the back of the property there are several blueberry bushes where I pick blueberries every year. During a storm a few weeks back a relatively small tree fell on top of the bushes. The tree didn't seem to really damage the bushes but we had to get the tree off of them. In the process we discovered lots of vines that were taking over the bushes. So I pulled vines and carried branches and vines out to the street for hours. It looks SO much better and the blueberries should flourish this summer. Would you believe I don't even like blueberries!! Oh well... I got started and didn't want to quit until the job was done. I am a tired girl with lots of scratches and blisters but it was worth it.

This week was fairly mundane but I like weeks like that every once in awhile. I am thankful for being able to sleep in my own bed and I am thankful for spending time with family and friends. I am also thankful for the sense of accomplishment I feel when I am able to do something successfully that I don't usually do.

I hope everyone had a great week! For other weekend reflections, go to Weekend Reflections at Mommy of Two.

6 comments:

Amberly said...

I'm with you on the blueberries! Yuck! And glad you had a good weekend with your parents. They're pretty great, you know!

Annie said...

Sounds like a great week, I don't like blueberries personally (or any fruit for that matter) but, I put them in Izzy's shakes because they have nutrients very good for the brain!
blessings~
Annie

Anonymous said...

You were busy, busy again. I can't believe that you went to all that trouble cleaning up and making the blueberry vines nice & you don't even like them! That's funny. What do you do with them if you don't eat them?

Anonymous said...

I am with you on the yard work! I want to like it; I really do! It's time to get out and plant some flowers at our house. I don't mind the planting so much - just the weeding and upkeep!

Hope you have a good week!

Mandalyn said...

I let my husband do most of the yard work--isn't that nice of me? I only like blueberries in recipes. I don't eat them otherwise.

Glad you had a good week!

Anonymous said...

That sounds like some hard labor for those bushes! Glad you got time with family. That is always nice. I hope you have a great week this week!