Sunday, June 3, 2007

Weekend Reflections

Well it's been another busy week. Sunday was a good day filled with church and lots of race watching. I was very happy with the outcome of the IRL and NASCAR race so it was a nice day.

Monday was a holiday for most of this country but for some reason the institution where I work does not recognize it has a holiday. I find that very tacky and really quite disrespectful. A number of people from my office did take off but those of us who were in the office were probably not as productive as we should be... we were all a bit miffed at the fact that we were working on Memorial Day.

Tuesday was another work day but I don't remember anything all that spectacular or memorable. Tuesday night/Wednesday morning at midnight the fun began... it was time for another Woot Off!!! Some of you might remember me talking about the Woot monkeys I got at the last Woot Off. The Woot off started at midnight and when they start you have no idea how long it is going to last... they last at least 24 hours and can go for 72 hours. Well this one turned into a 72 hour marathon and I spent way way WAY too much time constantly watching Woot. I did buy a few very exciting things but given the amount of time that I wasted watching Woot I really did not buy that much.

I did buy a roomba for floor vacumming. It was a great deal and it actually arrived yesterday. I haven't used it yet but I hope to use it later tonight. I also got an emergency car kit with things like jumper cables, flashlight, air compressor, etc. It was $13 and places like Kohl's have them for about $60... so I thought that was a good deal. I also kind of accidentally ordered a portable heater for my car. I didn't know it was for your car and I had to jump on the offer before they ran out... but I'm not quite sure what I will do with that. It was only like $8. I also bought a DVD player that you can mount under your counter or use as a portable DVD player. I probably really didn't need that but it was a great deal and I wanted it... so I bought it. When the Woot Off FINALLY ended on Friday night they didn't have Woot monkeys... this time they had a Woot T-shirt. So I of course had to get one of those.

The Woot Off was fun but the novelty wore off sometime in Day 2 and I was glad to see it end. I stayed up way too late every night watching for what the new item was going to be. I was happy with the stuff that I was able to buy for a good price but there were several other things I would have liked to have gotten that they didn't have... oh well.

Saturday was a busy, busy day. I got up early to run some errands and to finish monogramming some towels for a Wedding Shower present. Around 10:30 (after I finished the present and got it wrapped) I made it to the Wedding Shower. The towels were a big hit so that was nice. After the shower I went to work for a little while to finish some stuff up that I didn't finish during the week due to my excessive Woot watching :-). Then I met my parents for lunch and headed over to the house where my brother lives to help do things around the house.

We are still working on trying to get it ready to sell but we hopefully helped with the curb appeal yesterday. I pulled vines and weeds that were the size of small trees for several hours. Some of the vines were evil with extremely painful thorns. I was not dressed appropriately (I was wearing shorts and a tank top) so I look like I got in a fight with a pack of cats... my legs and arms are all scratched up. But, the two areas we worked on looked SO much better after we finished with them... so it was worth it. We pulled enough out that we made a pile on the street that was as big as my SUV!!!

So this week I am thankful for the Woot off and the cool new things I was able to purchase... I am thankful that the Woot off is over... I am thankful that we were able to make some progress at my brother's house yesterday and I am thankful that I did not have to travel this week.

I hope everyone else had a great week! For more Weekend Reflections, visit Judi at Mommy of Two.


Leslie said...

so since you are going to be stuck traveling you're going to have to blog a bit more or we are going to be strangers at the end of your trip-filled June.

I too am thankful that the Woot-Off is over!

Wren said...

If you never post anything but weekend reflections, I am going to give up on your blog. You have been warned.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you didn't get Memorial Day off! Let us know how the Roomba works!

Anonymous said...

I think it is very tacky and disrespectful too that you had to work on Memorial Day. I have never heard of such! Sounds like the week was good overall though!

LoveMyStarr said...

I hate that you didn't get the day off for Memorial Day!

My 2 sisters-in-law have roombas, and they love them. I think if I bought one it would be dead in a week with as much cat hair our indoor cat leaves around!

Good luck with your brother's house!

Johnny Ong said...

same reaction back in malaysia when our new king (each king serves a 5 yrs term only) was installed last month.

the govt announced that it's not compulsory for private entities to close on that day. subsequently, govt announced that all govt offices wld be closed, all banks did the same. productive level - dont know what the colleagues did..hehe