Thursday, May 3, 2007

Time for a Haircut

I HATE to get my hair cut. Because I have naturally curly hair it can be difficult to find someone who will cut my hair the way that I want. Most hair stylists just want to play with my hair and fix it the way that they want.

A few years ago I finally found someone that I liked... she cut my hair the way that I asked and she highlighted it the way that I liked. And then the salon closed and she was nowhere to be found. I looked around and I didn't find anyone that I was happy with for about a year... and then eureka! A local magazine/coupon book came in the mail last fall and on one page there was an ad for a local salon. As a part of the ad was a picture of the stylists and there she was... I had relocated my former stylist! Next time I needed a haircut I made an appointment with her.

So this week it was time for my dreaded hair cut. I think that this girl does a great job but my hair grows very slowly and so I am always afraid that it will get cut too short or be the wrong color. On top of that, it is expensive and so I tend to put it off as long as possible.

So here was my hair yesterday before my haircut. It's a terrible picture but I took it myself so that didn't help:


And here it was today after my haircut. This picture isn't much better but my brother took it while I was talking on the phone:


She barely trimmed it (in my attempt to grow my hair out) and highlighted it. It's probably a little blonder than it should be but the color will tone down a little over the next few days.

So I have survived another haircut and can hopefully go another three or four months before I have to have another one.

3 comments:

Amberly said...

You look lovely! :) I really like it that blonde. Summer's coming, you know! You can get away with that!

kerry said...

Hi Kerri, We like the haircut. Missed you this weekend. Also, we didn't know about the Flintstone vitamins. See you soon.
Linda and Kerry

Anonymous said...

Very cute haircut.