Thursday, April 26, 2007

Purse Meme

Amberly tagged me for the purse meme earlier today. I didn't carry a purse for years but at this point I'm not sure how I got by without one! I feel like I carry around everything I own and given that I don't have kids I can't imagine how big my purse would need to be if I did!

Here is my current purse:


It is a Vera Bradley that I use for the Spring/Summer. I have three Vera Bradley bags that I love and put in and out of the rotation. Some of them are getting a little worn so I may have to look into retiring them.

I love the size of this bag (not too big and not too small) and I love the long handle that I can easily throw over my shoulder. So here are the contents:


Row 1: My wallet, my personal cell phone, my work cell phone/PDA, life savers, an Advil bottle with Advil and Pepto Bismol pills inside.

Row 2: My camera, my Oakley's (can't leave home without those... but most of the time they are on my face or on top of my head), my checkbook, my notepad for lists and random notes, lotion and a random assortment of pens, pencils and highlighters

Row 3: A small flashlight, my ipod (my brother borrowed the earphones and hasn't returned them), some pressed powder, my business cards that I printed up for my new side business (more on that later) :-), my bluetooth headset for my phone, a key chain for all of those cards you get from the store like Winn Dixie or Hallmark

Row 4: my normal keys (car key, office key and house key), an assortment of lip gloss and lipstick (I recently have only been using the the clear Aquafina lip gloss), Purel hand sanitizer, a USB memory stick, fingernail clippers and other keys that I keep in the bottom of my purse (keys to my parent's house, my brother's house, Leslie's house, the neighbor's house... you get the idea)

Believe it or not I do carry all of that stuff around all the time. Now you know why my purses are starting to look worn. :-) I am not going to tag anyone else for this but let me know if you play along and I will come check out your purse as well.

6 comments:

Leslie said...

Fun post! Sometime I am going to coordinate it to send you email, call the pda, call the regular cell, and send a text message all at the same time. Perhaps I will wait to until the next time you have the southern linc! I will try to get my act together and participate.

Anonymous said...

That is a cute bag! It is the perfect size!

Robin Green said...

I love your colorful purse--and it's so fun to see what other people are carrying in their's. I carry a camera in mine too--I thought all bloggers did--but had to take it out to take my pictures! I enjoyed my visit.

Amberly said...

I cannot believe you have all of that in your purse! You're right, if you had kids you'd need an overnight bag! :) This is coming from the mom who never has anything like tissues, band-aids or other child-essential items. It's another part of my minimalist personality I guess!

Annie said...

Cute purse!
I have a phone like yours.

Unknown said...

Just wandered by & I have to say there is something very compelling about how you took everything out & made neat little organized piles... a very cute way of doing this.