Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Smocking Class

If you read my last post you know my Monday didn't start out too well... but that it was on it's way back up by the afternoon. It continued to get better Monday night. It was back to my hometown for work on Tuesday and so I decided to come to town a little early tonight to take a smocking class at the same store where I took the sewing classes this weekend.

My mom smocks and I did learn to do the back stitches ten to 15 years ago... but that was my last smocking experience. I really wanted to learn and my mom and I both decided that if she tried to teach me we would kill each other. So instead of that, I am taking a class. You go whenever you can on Monday nights and my work schedule will easily accommodate that.

So this is my start:


I still have a long way to go and I think I pulled out as much as I did tonight (hence the half done lines and red fuzz) but I will keep posting my progress. I'm not telling you what it is but it will eventually be part of an outfit for CRB. Shhh!!! Don't tell him... it's a surprise. :-)

I really enjoyed the class and will hopefully be able to make it to the class next week. I have my homework to do for next week so I think you will be able to see my progress by the next class.

Oh and since some of you asked here is a picture of the pillow I made in the sewing class this weekend:


It is actually just a cover... you have to put a pillow in it but I haven't gotten one yet. There are also supposed to be three big buttons down the center of the black part but I don't think I am going to put those on. The pillow really doesn't match my home decor so I think the pillow may become a pillow for Brun. He likes pillows to sleep on so I might as well put it to good use. :-)

4 comments:

Marsha said...

BEAUTIFUL start! You are quite talented!

Anonymous said...

Cute pillow.

I look forward to following your progess.

Anonymous said...

Love the pillow cover!

-tnchick- said...

Oh, this looks neat and fun!

Thanks for the baby shower tips - I really must get on the ball. I've never hosted one... so I kinda dread it but it'll be OK. LOL